Wednesday 18 September 2013

There's No A in Bingo

Ah yes.
Well I am in a play this fall it's called The Skin of Our Teeth by Thorton Wilder and though it is causing me a lot of pain to write this post to you because I have not at all been gentle on my body today I just felt like this beautiful thing needed to be shared.
So at one point in the play I am a Bingo Caller and we're reading along and I come to A-5 C-26 the next girl goes C-4 B-49
And we carry on completely unphased.....
however if you know how bingo works.
The numbers match with the letters that spell Bingo!
.....
There is no A or C in Bingo....but we didn't even notice.
It wasn't until we read it the second time that someone pointed this out...and then apparently there are RULES to bingo?!
Did you know this I had no idea.
the things you learn in theatre school!
will write something more interesting later.

No comments:

Post a Comment