Saturday 10 November 2012

Where Have All The Good Humans Gone?

Um, hi world.
So I'm having a little bit of doubt in the goodness of humanity currently and yes I'm going to tell you why right now.
So there I was at work. I was on the closing shift as per usual on my Saturday's and I had just started the closing part. Now my trainer guy told me that once I got a hang of closing I could listen to music. Well this is like my 4th shift on closing and I decided it was time! I needed some serious goodness to get me through the next hour! AWAY I WENT! First up on my playlist? Requiem for a Dream Why? Because it is an excellent combination of bad ass and epic and I need super goodness when I'm running up stairs.
So I'm running up the stairs like a woman on a mission when I hear banging just before the 3rd floor landing. I stop...!(COLLABORATE) and listen...silence....I look around it appears to be just me that has heard the banging. I think maybe it's part of the music I've never recognized before....start to climb the stairs again. MORE BANGING! I look around.
There's maybe 3 people on the floor below me I can see and none of them have noticed this banging. They're quite contently reading their books (and no they didn't have head phones in)...
And then I hear screaming and banging! So I run up the rest of the stairs trying to figure this out. No one is on the 3rd floor, the pronunciation center is closed, it's not coming from the bathroom...
More screaming it sounds like they're yelling Nissan? It's coming from the pronunciation center which is closed as of 3pm.
Some how this little asian girl pushed her way through the door, she said she thought it was the bathroom....The bathroom was like 5 feet away with a sign on the door!
Now honestly, and maybe this is racist, but if you're going to scream for help scream for help child! I don't know what nissan means I need a help me or rape or something.
Kid's just lucky I was walking by!
SINCE NONE OF THE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE LIBRARY COULD BE BOTHERED TO HELP HER!
And this is where my doubt in humanity comes from.
Partly from her for being too stupid to read washrooms signs and forcing her way into a clearly closed area that honestly just looks like a wall. I don't know how she didn't realize it wasn't a bathroom.
Secondly! From the people around that paid no attention to her yelling and banging. And I mean this child must have been throwing all her might into that door because it was loud!
I still can't believe that no one came to help her! I don't know how long she was there before I came along!
Does this mean I'm going to stop listening to music on my Saturday night closing shift? No.
Am I worried that she may have planted a bomb or ruined something in the pronunciation center....maybe....but there's nothing I can do! If the library blows up tomorrow....I'll have no job and be very sad.
Though I'm sad anyways because I finished the rest of my spinach bread bowl...sad times indeed.
Oh well.
Go out and do something good, please. I want to believe that the people in this world don't suck.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment