Wednesday 19 December 2012

Da Ridge!

Well well well!
Look who's home in Maple Ridge.
Why yes it's me! Your most glorious and beloved leader.
Though I have only been in the actual city of Maple Ridge for a little over 6 hours my time back on the mainland has proven to be treacherous indeed. Only 2 days til the world ends you know.
Anyways.
So I got on the ferry yesterday morning expecting to see people I knew as the 2nd years had their final history exam on Monday but there were none. I was completely alone. So I enjoyed my time attempting to get a head start on my fiction assignment for writing next semester....but that didn't work I think I'm stuck on play mode....basically came out as a long monologue.
But I think I would very much like to write a story about the merpeople who live in the waters around the Gulf Islands...I think it would be smashing but then I am a little odd.
So I made it almost the whole ferry ride before I looked over and noticed these boys...these boys that seemed very familiar....but I thought nooooo why would I know these people they look like sciency types I wouldn't know them...
And then as we were about to dock I realized who they were. They were the boys from my night of drinking with Walt in his rez....and they looked over...and they obviously knew who I was...so I pretended not to see them.Quite embarrassing but they're first years so I think I will overcome it.
Oh lord and then I went clubbing for my friend Jude's birthday. I've decided that I quite dislike Vancouver clubs they're no fun, often ridiculously small, over priced and full of people I don't want to be around.
So a bunch of us went home early which was fine with me. And it would have been a fantastic night if Ernesta had just let us get chinese food! But she didn't! Because apparently it was a very classy place and we all looked like hookers! So rude!
And then the worst possible thing that could have happened happened late in the night/early morning....it started to snow....
Now Vancouver almost never gets snow. We're not used to it, don't know how to handle it. And it wasn't even forecasted but low and behold when I woke up this morning, first as per usual, and was bombarded by facebook pictures of snow covered cars and houses I rushed to the door! And there was about 15 cm of snow if not more which is TOO MUCH!
I think part of the reason I stay on the west coast is to avoid snow. And you can be certain that P.Bob, who was driving us all home is not an experienced snow driver.
She drives a very large blue ford taurus....not meant for snow...with all seasoned tires....which have probably never seen snow.
Naturally....we got stuck and the 4 passengers had to get out and push! Good lord we got wet! Poor Ernesta fell twice and it was definitely one of those moments I thought the car might roll backwards and flatten her. I would have been do upset without her in my life I'm glad this didn't happened.
We somehow managed to get onto the main road, mostly because this beige van waited patiently for us to get unstuck and held up traffic to let us in.
We passed many stuck busses and stalled trucks who were putting on chains. We had to go up this awful hill and this guy with his nice expensive car was laying down newspaper to try and get traction...needless to say it didn't work and the papers went flying.
Goodness me were we ever wet and a half. And we spent all day wet as we went for Ihop (You can never go wrong with restaurant coffee) and then went to see the HOBBIT!
I finally understand all these girls fangirling over the dwarves. They were quite attractive I must say.
And though my feet stayed wet for nearly 8 hours I have no regrets.
Welcome back to da ridge me!
ttfn

2 comments:

  1. still using P.Bob....and ford taurus is excellent in the snow, except the driving part

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you bitch I'mma use the name I want. Ford Taurus is excellent at sitting and taking up space.

    ReplyDelete