Saturday 8 December 2012

A Drunk Nightmare on 5th Street

QUICK! In the tiny lull between my exams I will tell you a story!!!

Alright so the other night was my friends 20th birthday. And unlike when I turned 20 and cried in bed over my loss of adolescence my friend, she has not yet been mentioned so I will call her Eva because she is a huge WW2 fan and I'm just going to hope she doesn't find that offensive, was quite ecstatic to be turning 20. So we all moseyed on over to her place. Aurora and Gumpette were there. Eva's history major friends were all there. We watched her be initiated into Dutch Blitz (a fantastic card game which to my sadness we did not play). And played several rounds of Cards Against Humanity which is basically a better version of Apples to Apples.
So a little drunk I walked to the last bus that would take me downtown to the last bus that would get me home. It is very cold now in Victoria and I have yet to figure out how to properly dress for these weather temperatures but I will suffer through.
So there I was waiting Downtown for the next bus to come that would take me home and I'm sitting slightly drunk on a bench. I couldn't sing obnoxiously as I wanted to because there were these two guys standing close to my bench.
Across the street is this restaurant called The 5th Street Bar and Grill (which Aurora and I just went to tonight because it is delicious) but last year the restaurant had had a fire and was closed for many months which was really sad. It's almost midnight so last calls are going around I guess and these 2 guys come out of the restaurant to smoke...but I never saw them go back in...probably because I was drunk and thinking about more important things than how gross and stupid smoking is.
Next I look over and I see this flame near the side of the building...rather small at first and I'm watching it and it's getting bigger and I'm like OMG WHAT!
I look at the other 2 guys waiting for the bus and they're talking and don't notice this flame and I'm like...maybe I've been drugged? Maybe the flame isn't there...but it's getting bigger!
So I stand up to investigate.
I start towards the street watching this massive flame and I have no idea what it's coming out of but the guys also don't seem to take note that I've taken an interest in it...Another example of how little faith I have in humans? I think so.
So I start to cross the street to check this thing out and make sure the buildings not on fire...but then I see this body.
And I can't honestly tell you if it was a body or not but it definitely resembled a beige trench coat with a body in it and it was hanging just behind the flames.
I am stopped in the middle of the road staring at this body and this flame....and then I decide that curiosity killed the cat!
The flame was large but it didn't appear to be catching onto the building so I went back to my bench and waited for the bus...
The 2 guys continued to talk as if nothing had happened...they probably thought I was some homeless girl on drugs or something but I was not that drunk and I know I wasn't drugged....so my eyes must have been playing with my mind...and that is what I will continue to believe!
So there you go.
That's kind of what I've been up to. There's more of course that I've been doing other than tests and studying but I have to edit my stage play and my friends are posting depressing songs on tumblr that are apparently good for me? I have strange friends.
Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment