Monday 24 December 2012

The World Didn't End and So This is Christmas

SIGH WORLD!!!!
As you may have noticed the world did NOT end on the 21st though I wished on all the shooting stars and 11:11s that came my way. This I find most distressing.
But why Cecilly would you want the world to end? It's such a happy place full of loved ones and pretty things?
....meh
You know, I like my friends (Some of them more than others) but if the world ended I think we could all get over it. Or maybe hang out in the after life whatever that may be. Or our bodies could rot together if you're into that kind of thing but by the 21st I had basically seen them all. I think the only person that really matters whom I still haven't seen is Gnomes but I'm sure there's internet in Heaven. She could have sent me an e-card or something.
And had the world ended on the 21st I would have been very intoxicated with a group of people who I find mostly tolerable though I constantly question why we still meet every break. Do you have those friends?
Maybe I just really don't like people, it wouldn't be the first time I've thought this. But let's think of some of the great things that would have happened had the world ended.
Good Things:

  1. All of you with student loans wouldn't have to pay them back.
  2. You'd never have to go to work or school or job hunting ever again!
  3. Kristen Stewart would also be dead!
  4. 50 Shades of Grey would never be made into a movie!!!
  5. If you had delayed Christmas shopping you wouldn't have to go buy people things!!!!
On that last one, Christmas is tomorrow or if you're in BC in an hour and 15 minutes. That's too close.
If you haven't gone shopping yet I've got news my friend, you're screwed! Unless you're not giving out presents until the new year...then you've got time. 
But ugh! Christmas! Ernesta and I were talking about why we can't stand the thing anymore and we're not sure if it's family, gift giving or the general bitterness of growing up.
If you're under 18 and reading this, yes growing up sucks! Hold on to that youthfulness, sneaking out, under age drinking in parks on playgrounds and stuff! Those are the good times! And if you're looking forward to clubbing stop! It's just a bunch of sweaty people grinding on each other totally plastered. But if you find or know of a club that is just straight up dancing let me know, I wanna go.
But anyways back to Christmas. So we're bitter.
Bitter that we can't afford anything worth wild to give our families or friends with jobs. Annoyed that we have to see that side of the family we've been avoiding for months (Most of my family this year has either gotten engaged, pregnant or very recently dumped....ring the gongs the shows about to start). 
All in all this leads to the general student attitude of hating Christmas and commercialized holidays and materialism but there is literally nothing you can do. 
And so this is Christmas. 
  • Escaping with Ernesta and Sharona to do as many fun things as possible, like the Stanley Park Christmas train today. We went with all the children and oohed and aahed and laughed. 
  • Reading fanfiction when at home and again failing to explain to my father the concept.
  • Failing to write anything because my brain clearly only wants to be creative when driving or moving around which isn't good for writing things out by hand.
  • And not having knitting needles to start knitting things with all the yarn I bought....
Allllllllll the cheer.
I wonder how long these scroogey feelings will last...Either way I'm ready to get out of Maple Ridge and back to my safe island of Victoria. I'm sure Gumpette and Aurora will have plenty of wonderful stories to tell me that will lighten my mood.
To those of you who do still love this holiday I wish you the best of luck.
To those in the boat with me, put a little rum in that egg nog I promise it helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment