Tuesday 24 December 2013

2 Giant Gnomes And A Traffic Cone In the Middle of the Freeway

Ok so I can post about it now since we're all figured out.
Yes, once again the Cadillac has taken a beating under my supervision.
P.Bob, Ernesta, Anita and I had gone to Vandusen Gardens because they made it all pretty with lights and stuff!
We had a grand time! Everything was pretty, it was a little cold but there were gnomes! giant gnomes from Scandinavia (via vancouver obvs) and they sang and danced and played guitar and it was awesome! And I fell in love obviously because what else could I want in my life than to be a gnomes wife and live in a tree stump and we could eat worms and stuff and it'd be really messed up but whatever.
If it were real it'd be great and you'd be jealous.
SOOOOO!
We were headed home, driving down the freeway like the super fly ladies we are. And I was crossing over to the lanes because I like the HOV lane but it was blocked off by all these traffic barrels and traffic cones and I was like oh darn I don't want this when I saw it!
A traffic cone lying in the middle of the driving lane.
It's one of those terrifying moments you know. Where all the scenarios of what you could do flash through your mind and you can't do any of them.
I look to my right. A car, can't hit that.
To my left. Traffic barrels, will definitely hurt the car more than the one coming at me.
Can I stop? No there's a car behind me they'll definitely hit me from behind.
There was no other choice.
So I ran over it.

Now the cadillac is a very low to the ground vehicle like there's just enough room for my foot to fit under it in the front. Why you would make a vehicle so low is beyond me it's probably to be aesthetically pleasing or something ridiculous
So we hit the cone and everyone's like omg! is it gone!? did it fly out from under us? no.
We're are dragging this cone with us...so we pull over and Anita being the great one and the most level headed of all of us gets it out from under the front of the car and we're standing there like the hell do we do now...and some workers slowly go driving by. But do they stop?
No. 2 helpless girls looking at this mangled cone going ermeygerd help and they don't stop...rude.
So there's a little damage, the bottom of the car is cracked where the solid end of the cone went under obviously.
It couldn't just be like one of those train grill things that push cows off the tracks. nooooo.
And this grating part that goes across the front of the car (also probably for looks) fell off when I got home....and we lost the front license plate which I think my mother was the most upset about.
But somehow we got home and I had to tell my parents because naturally we'd have to ring it in with ICBC or something. And I'm fully expecting my father to be upset about his baby...but he kind of just laughed...
"Cars are made to be broken"
...well no they're not. They're made to be driven and now and then get a little dirty but not to be broken...
Mother on the other hand, hysteria.
I think I've figured it out though. It's because dad is retired and none of the vehicles are in his name and he doesn't really pay for anything because all he has is his pension so everything is in mom's name. though only like maybe 1 in 3 of the car accidents that have happened have been her fault.
The sister totaled her car. A girl broke the bumper when I was parked at work. Dad destroys everything. The most mom gets are speeding tickets....but there was that time she backed into a light post in an empty parking lot, dented the truck and had to get the light post put back up.
But for the most part not her fault.
Anyways, it's all going to be fine. The car's going to get fixed. No one's died or injured.
And I'm still going to Oregon next week!
So a Merry Christmas is still up for grabs!
ttyl

No comments:

Post a Comment