Sunday 1 December 2013

By The Skin of My Teeth

There had to be at least one blog post with that title.
I've only been living the play for 3 months.
But finally,
thank the heavens it's over!
The nightmare show from hell is over!
And not a moment too soon one more week and I'm sure we would have died.

I know ya'll think I'm being over dramatic but I'm not.
Life imitating art is what some people like to see it  as.....I see it as a curse when the actors in the cast start getting sick and not being able to go on stage.
I can't even begin to explain to you the plot of this show because it was long 2. 5 hours which is much too long for old people even with 2 intermissions.
The handy darts only run so long and around 10 is already past their bed times.
Also so much happened in the play, we referenced everything. The ice age, dinosaurs, the bible, whores and stuff just running rampant throughout this play but along with that was this subplot that actors in the company kept getting sick from some bad fish they all ate at dinner and the stage manager and asm had to stand in for them...
well shit wouldn't you know it!
I suppose it was a good thing that the show was double cast so that when one Gladys went down the other could step in! And there were so many extra people you know
the audience wouldn't even have noticed if it hadn't been for the guy playing the stage manager standing in to be the crow in act 1....the most demonic bird you'd ever heard!
But it was all good.
We made it through (by the skin of our teeth) and I'm NEVER! going to do that show again....unless someone offers me a large sum of money for it next time around.
Of course the drama didn't stop there oh no but I'll save those tasty tid bits for another night.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment