Sunday 15 December 2013

Don't Grab and Pack

Oh hey,
So I'm back in the Ridge
It's thoroughly uninspiring as to be expected but I think this trip home might perhaps have given me some wisdom in the packing sector.
I packed in about all of yesterday.
The thought process being I would take all my laundry because I had about a week and a halfs worth  (my landlady's family is visiting and I didn't want to disturb them...or really have to talk to them as they're so friendly and I'm so dismal)
So I would bring all that and then just kind of pull willynilly things that I saw and thought mhm yes I'd wear that....
But I didn't really think about how long I would be in ridge.
I had the mindset of about a week when in actuality I could be here for 3 weeks....so I packed the amount that I would generally pack for a week which is a lot
And I thought I had packed all the manditory family gathering dresses....I did not. I remember I did not because I couldn't choose which ones I wanted and how fancy I would be expected to dress so I just left it.
Filled my bag with all the notes from piano and music theory I intend to burn...a lot of hair bows and earrings (most of which don't match what I brought home to wear) a scarf in all the essential colours...except for red...I have no idea where that scarf is unless it's hidden by another scarf back in Victoria...
So reasons not to pack the way I did.
1- My laundry was made up of mostly socks and underwear. There was one dress I refer to as my teacher dress because it has squiggles and stuff all over it that one would associate with a kindergarten teacher. 2 pairs of pajamas (one of which I'm probably not going to wear because they're so warm. And all the clothes I've been wearing while spray painting this past week. So like work yoga pants and shirts I don't care about, stuff I might wear to the gym....I will not be going to the gym while home much to my father's annoyance I'm sure.
2-I didn't pay attention to the colours I was packing....I have 5 burgundy/dark red shirts, tanktop and a blazer, 2 black and white shirts, 2 blue shirts and a cardigan, a green hoodie and a grey cardigan....not much selection there...not much acceptable mix and matching but let's be honest. I'm not trying to impress anyone in this town so I'll probs just dress like Christmas everyday.
3-All the underwear I own and only one bra....I don' tknow how that happened...definitely thought I had packed a black bra I mean it's essential right? Well I didn't. Just the red bra I put on this morning, the only one I brought. but I have probably 80% of my underwear drawer packed .
4-A bag full of socks...yeah I've probably got 95% of my sock drawer with me...I didn't realize it had been that long since I washed my socks and then I brought more! The only thing left behind are like sports socks, toe socks and dance tights....I don't wear those anyways.


....So yeah.
That's my dilemma at the moment.
I'm kind of hoping my parents will decide to go away for a few days which means I won't have to get dressed and look like I'm doing things.
I could go out and buy another bra but I really don't need to...
I brought nothing scandalous with me! not that we party in Ridge...well other people party but I find those people questionable and avoid them if possible...in the event someone were to want to go dancing or something that 'cool' people do...I guess I would have to go shopping (I know so tragic)
It's Christmas I'm supposed to spend on others and all I want is to spend on me!!!
Yes I feel like Wayne Brady's interpretation of Oprah's Favorite Things (1:40)
And that's that.
I'm sure something will happen in this hellmouth to post about later on........we can only hope

No comments:

Post a Comment