Friday 2 May 2014

ANCHORS AWEIGH!

Someone once tried to convince me that boats that dropped anchors just cut those anchors loose after using them and carried on their way leading me to believe that the ocean floor must be incredibly riddled with anchors.
But in choosing this title I did some research and that's not true.
Also this post has nothing more to do with anchors or ships.

It's about fucking packing and moving.
Cause I am going INSANE people!
and my back hurts from lifting and cleaning.

I don't like packing.
There was a time as a child that I did but I'm pretty sure that's because I was excited to go camping or something.
Now I am old and tired of packing.
It's a pain! (literally)

And Earl has already helped me move to car loads but there's still tons and tons of stuff!
And my mother goes, Cecilly what are you sending home?
And I go "Hell I don't know. I don't know what I need. You'll take things and then I'll realize I really wanted those things and I'll be more annoyed!"

It probably doesn't help that there are a bunch of other things I have to do to:
Find a job- the goal was to find a job by May....look it's May 2nd. That failed. But actually if I'm not packing, I'm applying and I have applied to at least 50 jobs online which might be my problem but they say apply online........please kill me.
Go to a wedding- ok so the weddings not til Friday and it's in Maple Ridge so it shouldn't really be effecting me but I can't decide what to wear to it so I can't pack my clothes...also I'm going to need a hell of a lot more hangers because I'm losing a dresser and gaining a walk in closet.
But the problem with that is I don't have money. Like I might have 15$ in total to spend over the course of May if I don't get a job the entirety of May and that's with my student line of credit and credit card factored in. I will have just enough for the rent of June and that stupid Shaw bill.

Of course Earl is just like you're fine, calm down you'll get a job. Which is very nice of him but still freaking out.

I'm moving in with Aurora which means no one needs to travel to drink, I'm going to have a balcony so like omg sunlight! A walk in closet which is necessary for the amount of stuff I have, though I swear all my clothes used to be able to fit in 3 suitcases.
But aside from all that above, and the fact that I have to carry some very heavy book cases tomorrow, there's only one thing I'm dreading.

Carpet.

I fucking hate carpet, probably because the majority of my life growing up I walked on tile or hardwood flooring. The only reason I haven't gone crazy in my basement suit is because the carpet is in that really low like worn out state.
But soon I'll be walking on some tall carpet. Like my toes could get lost in it tall. I criiiiiiinge. Luckily I'm going to Ridge for that wedding so I'm gunna have to grab me some slippers.

And
(I'm sorry girl but really!)
I'm not going to name names cause she knows she lived there.
I can't handle dirty carpet, on floors or women, and this room was sooooooooooo dirty!
Bobby pins all over the place.
As a woman I don't know why you're not taking those with you but that's fine I'll use em.
But the faux pas.

FAUX PAS!

Friends do not make their friends pick up their dirty used q-tips!!
THAT'S SO WRONG!!!
Disgusting and wrong!!!!!!!

But. I'm a big girl.
I've handled worse than the ear wax from one of my closests friend's ears.

And Aurora's vaccuum is miiiiiiiiiiiighty powerful let me tell you.

Now. My mother is almost here and the house is still not ready
and as much as I'd rather be camping right now I must
WEIGH ANCHOR!!





No comments:

Post a Comment