Monday 8 October 2012

Thanksgiving with My Uncle T.O.M.

WARNING! If the topic of menstrual cycles makes you uneasy just run away from this post.
Anyways, Good Thanksgiving morning to you!
So I don't think I've ever had a Thanksgiving without my period and I don't think that's really fair! Yes body I'm talking to you!
It's like somehow it knows that I spend all year complaining about the unfairness of being a woman and all the shit we put up with from our bodies. So on the morning of Thanksgiving my body goes "SHE CAN'T DENY US THANKS TODAY!!!!"
And as much as I'd like to curse about it and rip my ovaries out, I don't. Mostly because that would hurt like hell fire. So fine! I am thankful that I am alive, I am thankful that I am a woman, and yeah I guess I'm thankful that my body is allowing me the possibility to wreak demonic children upon the world. You the world should be grateful that I'm choosing to ignore that possibility.
But you know I do hope that all you readers out there, chillen with your families are content on Thanksgiving. Personally the past 2 years of Thanksgiving @ UVic have been fantastic. Thanksgiving with my family usually involves stuffing ourselves into a tiny house with 4 families and all their kids who are all way older than me because my sister and I are the youngest in the family.
So I'm thankful that I have sweet friends who want to do Thanksgiving, even if Aurora didn't want to host she still enjoyed herself in the end. I now know that boys cooking will turn out to be some kind of vegetable or fruit covered in sugar (strange but still totally delicious). And I'm glad that I selected funny people to be my friends as well.
Of course, now Victoria is going to spiral downwards into a pit of doom! Apparently the buses are going on strike and as of 1pm today which is in basically an hour the drivers can do whatever the heck they want which includes not having to drive the bus if they don't feel like it. Which sucks! I have to get downtown for my dance class later and then Alfred promised me Chinese food! I'm sure he'd love to just ride his bike around but I would much prefer we take the bus. SIGH!
Here's hoping everything goes swimmingly and I don't fall from a swinging hoop tonight.
Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment