Friday 26 October 2012

Tintin Has My Number!?

What up readers!
I know I already posted that random post of all things of the week this morning but then something happened on my way to school and I just must share it. Mostly because, she's probably going to hate this name, Pamela thinks Tintin having my number is hilarious...
So here's how it happened!!

I was walking to school as per usual on a Friday when I should not be going to school as I have no classes to attend. When I walk to the Phoenix I get off at the stop just outside of the Ring so I can cut through Finnerty Gardens which is right across from the Phoenix.
So there I was walking to the Phoenix and, duh, singing which I always do! This morning I chose to sing all 5 parts of "I Turned the Corner" from Thoroughly Modern Millie...quite a feat when you are one person. Just means I get to choose which note I hit on the end chord...and I'm not a soprano which becomes more and more obvious as I spend more and more time out of choir. (one day I'll be one of those old ladies in community choir singing the bass lines! CLASSIC!)
Anyways so there I was wailing as I approach the gardens, I looked around to make sure no one was there to be disturbed...or judge me. (This girl on her bike totally ruined the climax of "Let Me Be Your Star" as I was waiting for the bus)
And then I saw this kid at the gates to the garden, luckily the song was over so I just didn't start singing the next one. As I approached this kid I noted how very hipster he looked, I think hipsters are ridiculous. (Hot tea should not be put in glass jars! It only makes the jars too hot to hold!)
"We're you singing opera just now" I could see how he might mistake my wailing for operatic excellence. I explained that I was actually singing a song from a musical. He just seemed so delighted!
"Could you sing some more for me please!?" omg what do you say to that.
I actually had a meeting this morning which is a suitable reason for going into school when I don't have class unlike usual. So I told him I had to get to class.
"Are you sure you couldn't sing just a bit more, you pretty much made my morning" I was flattered but honestly so embarrassed I declined some more.
"I've put you on the spot haven't I?" You don't think? "Well can I at least get your number and maybe we can hang out later and you can sing some more then?"
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING! I gave this random stranger my number (he was actually pretty cute besides his hipster get up)  Mama Alfred will molt his feathers when he reads this!
Needless to say he tried once more to get me to sing! "Please," he said. "I'm dressed like Tintin!"
AND SO HE FREAKING WAS!! He had the dog in his back pack and everything! Bike leaning up against the fence! Mind blown there it was!
I just gave my number to Tintin!                                                          (Tintin does kinda look like a hipster)
Once again I declined and really had to be on my way...I really hope he doesn't call me....how awkward would that be!?
My friend Gumpette thinks he was probably a left over from the Fine Arts pub crawl last night which leads me to believe he slept in the gardens all night....but he wasn't wet and it was raining so I can hope not...but he was probably still really drunk....
Goodness I hope he doesn't call!
Goodnight my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment