Thursday 25 October 2012

Beware The Groove!

I think I might post twice tonight or just write 2 and then post one tomorrow because I feel like so much is going on and I haven't posted in forever which is a lie I posted 3 days ago!
Here we go!
So the other day, Tuesday when I had planned to write this out, I realized around noon that I was signed up for this groove class at my dance studio where I pole dance....how did this happen I thought to myself?
I honestly have no memory of ever looking at the studio schedule and going yeah I think groove would be a good idea, on a Tuesday, when usually I just sit at home or see Alfred or something. I didn't even know what groove was! Why would I sign up for it! (I fear, yet to be confirmed, that Alfred signed me up for it because he secretly no longer wants to hang out with me anymore.)
The course description: Get ready to move around!
.......................................................................................................................what?
That's not a description! 
But my dance studio has a 24 hour cancellation period and the class was that night and yeah, true enough I wasn't going to do anything anyways so I went.
My first impression, everyone in this class is strange and appear to be socially awkward.
Then this girl showed up and brought glow sticks.....why would we need glow sticks in a dance class I wondered.
I WAS SO LOST! 
And then it all made sense.
My dance instructor turned off the lights and turned on the black lights! We were freaking glow in the dark! Glow sticks everywhere! AND THEN WE DANCED! Well not really....we kinda krumped around the room which was strange being the only coloured kid in the class....
We had a little krump battle, me against this adorable little white girl, needless to say she didn't stand a chance. 
I think the whitest move we did was that ski movement where your legs go back one at a time, very strange.
The best part of course was that it was all to 90'S HIP HOP! So good. Jumping around to Woomp There It Is, Push it, U Can't Touch This.
....And then we had a random moment that was all about working your gluts (AKA your butt). My teacher just yelled "SPREAD YOUR LEGS LIKE MAGIC MIKE IS ABOUT TO FRISK YOU!" (she had just purchased Magic Mike that morning=bad for your health) And we proceeded to seduce the wall with bootylicious goodness. It was a little awkward, just a smidgen. 
But then we shook it out around the room. It was a lot of fun! And I'm glad I went....of course Wednesday morning my body didn't want to function and just cried at me for all the hours I was awake before I forced it to go patrol the library...
One day I'll pay my body back for being so understanding.
Until then...I've signed up for Groove next week! It's gunna be good!!
Peace out peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment