Friday 21 September 2012

Big Boys Don't Bake (Sexism isn't Sexism when it's Truth)

Good Evening dear bloggers,
I know I've already posted once tonight but I couldn't chance not remembering this tomorrow.
So we all know my good friend Alfred who I was fighting with over the summer but are now back to being the Dreadful Duo (we don't actually call ourselves that)
Yes well Alfred comes over after school and I'm in the middle of making banana bread cause it's delicious and my eggs were going to go bad in a few days so i thought I should use them up. Now I tend to bake a lot, especially when I'm not in the mood to do my writing homework which is whenever I sit down and am not outside, and Alfed always wants to help but everything he bakes is awful, lumpy or inedible. So of course he asks to help and I saw no I really want my banana bread to taste good and he can't bake. To which for reasons unbeknownst to me he deemed was a sexist comment, it's not he's just being stupid, so I told him he could bake some blueberry muffins once the bread was done and I could work on my homework.
A brilliant idea except for the fact that Alfred needs constant supervision in the kitchen.
So the silly thing bakes these muffins and he brings one to me and true enough it looks like a muffin which is a good start but it SMELLS! It smelt strongly of baked eggs! Which I find repulsive and did not want to try it but he insisted it tasted fine. Well thank goodness for the blueberried because any just muffin part tasted kind of like quiche to tell you the truth and I don't really like quiche unless it's got spinach and onions in it.
Naturally he's offended that I find it so disgusting and complains that he did everything right so I ask "did you add sugar?" "yes!" he grumbles crossing his arms like the small child he is. "Did you add vanilla?" "....no..." HOW DO YOU FORGET VANILLA IN A MUFFIN! It was on the instructions! The instructions had even been edited by a previous owner of the book to up the amount of vanilla!!
Just so gross.
So basically he proved me right and I'm not letting him waste anymore of my flour on his terrible baking. And I know he's going to 'forget' them here so tomorrow I'm going to be throwing out a dozen quiche muffins!
Sigh Boys
Night darlings

No comments:

Post a Comment