Sunday 30 September 2012

The Girl who Cried Wolf's Bane of My Existance

Oh followers,
What to do when you feel like the whole world is crashing down around you?
I believe the feeling started yesterday when I once again attempted to use the bus stop as a pole for pole dancing practice. It works quite well actually, your hands don't slip and being on the downward slope of the Foul Bay hill makes momentum really easy. The problem you ask? Cement sidewalks.
So I held the pole and I spun landing on the balls of my Urban Planet cowboy boots, pivoted and span again. But when I landed something was different. I looked down at the soles of my boots and it would appear that the concrete had ripped through them to the lining. Thus beginning my turmoil.
Sure I tried to stuff the void in my soul with some replacement flats, leg warmers and colourful fishnet tights but it was still there I could still feel the wind howling through the tear.
So I hung out with my friends, always good times. We watched Treasure Planet, Aurora made nutella filled croissants. There was absolutely nothing to be sad about but then I got to the bus stop and there was a man sitting there also waiting. Which means I could not sing obnoxiously to myself! The impertinence of it all!!
So I waited in silence, bussed to UVic in silence, waited again in silence because there was this very intimate couple displaying their affection and though I thought about going over and telling them that I was going to just stand a few feet away from them and belt Adele I did not think they would handle it well. And then this drunk guy stood in the middle of the bus loop screaming "Cotton eye Joe!" Who does that!?
So I bussed home in silence, and walked to my house in silence and I thought to myself of all the homework that must be done and I went to bed. It was only just past midnight.
I awoke this morning and I thought that perhaps life would be better...BUT I WAS WRONG!!
I commenced my laundry, there was much of it to do and as I waited for the loads I wrote my opera history summary. (I still could careless about poor put upon himself Mozart.)
Around 1pm I realized my hands were shaking, this often happens when you've only had coffee and vitamins for breakfast so I decided to have some lunch which is when it happened!
I AM OUT OF TACO CHIPS!
WHAT CRUEL WORLD WOULD DENY A STUDENT FROM THEIR NACHOS! I felt like Don Giovanni being pulled into the pits of hell by a marble statue.
I attempted to watch The Sound of Music but it ended in tears.
I attempted to watch the Lizzie Bennet Diaries but then Jane started crying and I cried harder
So I figured if I was going to cry I might as well cry over The Marriage Stone BUT FANFICTION.NET WOULD NOT LOAD!
It appeared life had turned against me. I was doomed to the fate of a grade 8 girl writing poetry about her broken bleeding heart, wishing an Edward would rip open my iron womb to produce a demon child and turn my hair curly!
Then of course I remembered how much I hate Twilight and my laundry was calling. Alfred promised to bring me a pumpkin pie blizzard to soothe pain and there will always be other pairs of cowboy boots in the spring.
Maybe I'll make it to tomorrow.
Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment