Wednesday 26 September 2012

Why Workshop When I Could Gargle Bleach

GOOD CITIZENS OF BLOGGER WHOM I HOPE ARE LITERATE!
Of course I have no right to ask for literate readers since I have some really dreadful grammer and no idea about the ways of punctuation. (I was a french immersion kid I have an excuse)
SO I'm in this writing class and we had the option to workshop our first assignments and I thought why not I can do that. The only thing we had to be sure of was that we weren't rude in our criticisms of the other works. I thought "That's fine, I can water it down and heck maybe they'll be well written."
I ASKED FOR TOO MUCH! I received 3 totally lame, pointless stories. It was very hard to be polite in my responses but I think I faked it well enough pointing out the areas I thought needed work and the one image in each I thought was fanatastic I gave a lot of praise to....I hope that tricked them.
ALL I got in return though for my piece though was that they didn't understand the word "tottled" and yea, it's not a word but people use it! So your freaking word document is telling you it's not a word! The sentence was "The child tottled down the rocky shore" JUST TRY! TRY WITH ME NOW!! Imagine a small child of about 5 or 6 walking down a rocky shore by themselves very early in the morning!
Well it made perfect sense to me but SIGH! and then this girl! I don't know what rock she's been living under that she's never heard of a fjord! "I'm not sure fjord is a  word you might have just made a spelling mistake".....excuse you! We live in BC! ON THE WESTCOAST! How do you not know what a fjord is!!!!!!!!!! I. DON'T. KNOW! siiiiigh people. We should definitely be worried for the books that will be published by my writing class in the future because they will be simple as blinking. Made up of 4 word sentences "The child walked home. She wanted some cheerios. She ate the cheerios. She was very happy."
THIS IS OUR FUTURE! murmeeruurue!
Maybe I'll write an actual post later but right now I have to figure out on my own what to change about my assignment.
Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment