Wednesday 19 September 2012

LOVE! Huh? WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

Well helloooo there bloggy followers!
I know! What a dreadfully misleading title for this blog entry, because in all honesty when I sat down 5 seconds ago to write you a glorious morning entry love was not going to be apart of it! I was going to write about how splendid fresh coffee is or how much work it is to make a simple bacon and avacado sandwich early in the morning! But alas we are now going to read my thoughts on love, nothing too serious just random thoughts that come up as I type.
Let us start with my love for coffee. Coffee and I have been stuck in a love/hate, on/off again relationship since I was about 14. A ridiculous age to become addicted at the time but I'm sure it's perfectly normal to see children under 10 drinking coffee in sippy cups outside their elementry school classrooms now a day. Which brings me to another thing! I LOVE SIPPY CUPS!! I want one sooo much so you know, my birthday's in Februrary if you want to send one over to Victoria. Until I decide to buy my own sippy cup however I must make do with those powerade bottles with the little plastic anti-spill lids...basically the same thing but for grown ups.
So I'm in an opera history class (can't get more romantic than an opera!) and we had to listen to the first ever opera which of course was Orfeo (the story of Orpheus being a pompous musician and condemning his wife Euridice to stay in Hell because he couldn't keep his eyes to the front) Now imagine with me my minions that you are sitting in a Catholic church in the 1600s watching the priest do his priestly duties and then being called upon to sing. You stand with your copies of hymns and begin to drone....for 6 hours! It's horrendous! No variation, the nymph chorus repeats like 10 times! Like the freaking Hallelujah chorus on repeat! I wanted to rip my ears off BUT! I finished it! Apollo comes down and takes Orpheus off to heaven, cause you know he totally deserves to be immortal and worshipped...freaking greek tragedies...The shepherds sing a song of blessing
AND NOW I CAN LISTEN TO CARMEN!! (technically we're onto Rinaldo) If you know the opera of gypsy Carmen, who's kind of a whore and leads men on and ends up getting her lover killed, then I think it's safe to say young Cecilly was easily influenced by that one production in her youth! I love Carmen; the music, the costumes, the matadors are all perfect!! Imagine your entrance on a sea of men who adore you as you sing L'Amour est un Oiseau Rebelle! Perfection at it's finest but enough of my whorish tendencies/desires.
My bff, we'll call him Alfred, is insisting it's time to get to school!
I'm going to be a gypsy whore in Spain!
Peace out Canada it's been a slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment